Lions District 201 Q 3 Queensland Australia
Lions aim to meet the needs of our local communities and throught the world.
World-wide our 1.4 million men and women members span 210 countries and geographic areas. Our Lions District 201 Q 3 has 73 clubs and over 1,600 members.
Members participate in a wide range of activities such as conducting vision and health screenings, build parks, support eye hospitals, award scholarships, assist youth, provide help in time of disaster and much more.
Why not Join us or offer your time as a volunteer and make our communities and the world a better places to live.
Mission Mission Statement and history
Guiding principles Purpose and Ethics
More about our Lions District 201 Q 3
Our District Governor's message
My theme for this Lions year is ‘United We Can’.
After a difficult couple of years, we need to unite and pull together as one, whether it is within our Club or the District. As a single person we can only do so much but united we can do so much more. Our Lions history shows what a powerful force we can be when we are united.
So, when we are United, We Can…
- Change lives.
- Change minds.
- Make a difference to our communities.
- Make a difference to our world.
- Have fun.
The goals for the District will centre around the Four Key Areas of Service, Membership, Leadership and Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF).
- Service – to champion the global service framework; to promote our District and National Projects and Foundations as well as service projects in our local communities; to look for new and innovative ways to serve and engage young people.
- Membership – to retain existing members and increase our membership base to enable us to expand our reach and serve more people.
- Leadership – to support Lions to grow into Lionism with opportunities to increase their knowledge and skills and provide leadership pathways.
- LCIF – to raise awareness of the purpose and achievements of the Foundation as well as raise funds to support the global service framework, disaster relief and other humanitarian projects.
I am looking forward to the coming year. With your support, ideas and energy we will make a difference to those whose lives we touch, either directly or indirectly. To achieve this, do not be afraid to reach out to your Cabinet Officers if you need support. We have a depth of experience that can be tapped into, which not only comes from our dedicated Cabinet Officers but from the many Lions in our District.
I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible and working with and for you, in what will be a rewarding year.
Take care and be safe.
Lion Steve Hood
Becoming a Lion
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in their local community as well as in communities worldwide. Their volunteer efforts go beyond the support of vision care, to addressing unmet health and education needs worldwide. Interested in becoming a member?
Contact our District membership chair Alice - email