Lions District 201 Q 3 Queensland Australia
Lions aim to meet the needs of our local communities and throught the world.
World-wide our 1.4 million men and women members span 210 countries and geographic areas. Our Lions District 201 Q 3 has 73 clubs and over 1,600 members.
Members participate in a wide range of activities such as conducting vision and health screenings, build parks, support eye hospitals, award scholarships, assist youth, provide help in time of disaster and much more.
Why not Join us or offer your time as a volunteer and make our communities and the world a better places to live.
Mission Mission Statement and history
Guiding principles Purpose and Ethics
More about our Lions District 201 Q 3
Our District Governor's message
It is my privilege to serve as your District Governor for 2020 to 2021.
I have chosen my theme to be “To make a difference through service”.
In choosing this this theme, I wish to highlight the difference between fundraising and direct service to others.
Our Lions motto is ‘We Serve’ and it is by direct service we share our love for others and together with our hearts and our hands we can make a difference to our communities.
My emphasis on service does in no way diminish the need to fundraise for our charitable organisations, projects, and foundations. It is all about apportioning our time to do both - fundraising and service to others. Service to individuals or community organisations really touches the heart and makes a special difference within, resulting in strengthening our commitment to continue to serve others. We have achieved so much in the past and will continue to do so in future.
The District team has chosen several goals. These goals will set achievable targets for us to assist in recruiting new members, provide training for existing members, supporting our District/National projects and foundations together with our Lions global causes.
Our 2020/21 goals are:
- By the end of 2020-2021 the District to have a net loss of members less than 10%.
- Conduct a Global Action Team (GAT) related virtual to face workshop by January 2021
- District Global Management Team (GMT) /Global Leadership Team (GLT) to conduct two new member orientation sessions using virtual or face to face means during 2020 to 2021.
- District to encourage clubs to support Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) campaign 100.
- Clubs to conduct a Diabetes awareness project in each zone before the end of this Lions’ year.
- All clubs in the district to undertake and report one or more direct community service projects.
- District to advertise and encourage District Lions to attend Lions institutes, Guiding Lions workshops, GAT training workshops (virtual). Our Zone and Region Chair are looking for our future leaders.
I seek your valued support in achieving these goals and much more.
It is not only about us achieving these goals, it is also about supporting all our clubs and assisting where possible.
What makes me so proud to be a Lion is being able to work in a team in this large global organisational “family”.
My team and I look forward to working with you throughout the year.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or need help in any way.
Yours in Lions
Becoming a Lion
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in their local community as well as in communities worldwide. Their volunteer efforts go beyond the support of vision care, to addressing unmet health and education needs worldwide. Interested in becoming a member?
Contact our District membership chair Alice - email